Gift Ideas For Adventure Travelers
Gift Ideas for Adventure Travelers | Written by Julie Boyd
The holiday season is officially upon us, filled with family, friends, and lots of food! Inevitably, we find ourselves in search of the perfect gift, and if you’re like us, that can often be a challenge. This year, we decided to put together a list of some of our favorite items that we love to use for our adventures. We hope you find something useful and if you have any tips, we would be excited to hear about them. Gift Ideas for Adventure Travelers
Gift Ideas for Adventure Travelers: Stocking Stuffers
1. Australian Gold Tinted Face Sunscreen: I recently discovered the magic of tinted sunscreens. If you hate the white film that most sunscreens leave behind as you try to rub it into your skin, this will be you new favorite product, and you’ll want to give it as a gift to everyone you know.
3. Body Glide: This stuff works wonders for anyone not blessed with a thigh gap. I use it anytime I wear hiking pants, and it has even saved me at home on those rare occasions that I wear a dress.
4. Nuun Electrolyte Replacement Tabs: Awesome for anyone who likes to go backpacking or on longer day hikes. Brian and I often throw a tablet, or two, into our water bladders to help keep us going.
Gift Ideas for Adventure Travelers: Under $50
2. Gloves: I swear I lose a glove at least once a year, so I could always use an extra pair, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the outdoor enthusiast in your life could too. These touch screen gloves are nice because they allow you to use your phone. I also own a pair of gloves from The Heat Company for when I am taking pictures, but they are a little more pricey.
3. PStyle: This is the perfect, practical gift for a lady hiker, and it will have you both laughing as they tear away the wrapping paper. These handy devices allow you to pee while standing, which is something that has made my time in the woods much easier. I also recommend adding a Kula Cloth to this gift as they are a great way to practice Leave No Trace.
4. Trtl Travel Pillow:This fella is a favorite of mine, and I love that it doesn’t take up as much space in your luggage as a traditional travel pillow. Gift Ideas for Adventure Travelers
5. Peak Design Camera Clip: This is clutch for photographers on the go. It locks on to your backpack, which eliminates having your camera dangling from your neck, and keeps your camera accessible. If you have someone in your life who always has their camera in their hand, this is the perfect gift! (Note: some versions are a little over the $50 range)
7. Packing Cubes: These are AMAZING! Definitely one of those things you don’t think you need until you have them, and then you wonder how you survived for so long without them. They help Brian and I stay organized when traveling, which is especially helpful when we are going on shorter trips and share a suitcase.
8. Backpacking Chairs: A luxury item that your friend doesn’t have yet, but doesn’t know what they are missing out on. These are great if you don’t mind carrying the extra weight, but they are also nice to have on roadtrips, or car camping excursions since they don’t take up much space.
9. Coffee Table Book: A classic gift that you can’t go wrong with. Some of my favorites include Chasing Magic (a book that features one of my images), National Geographic: The Covers and Galen Rowell: A Retrospective.
10. Oofos Recovery Sandals: I initially bought these to help with a bout of plantar fasciitis, but I love them so much that I wear them all the time now. I even got Brian hooked! They are especially heavenly to slip on after a long hike, and I can’t recommend them enough to everyone (they also come in a slide version). Gift Ideas for Adventure Travelers
Gift Ideas for Adventure Travelers: Luxury Gifts
1. Wireless Headphones: If you need a gift for someone who travels a lot, spoil them with a nice pair of wireless headphones. We love our Bose Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones!
2. YETI Cooler: The best, but the most expensive ice chests out there.
3. Smart Watch: Brian loves his Garmin Fenix 5X,which sports awesome battery life and can track any adventure we take.
4. Kindle: A great idea for bookworms who love to backpack or travel. Gift Ideas for Adventure Travelers
5. Fine Art Landscape Print: Stop by my store to see what prints are available for immediate order, or if you have a favorite from my portfolio or Instagram, or size request, feel free to reach out!
The Gift of Experience
The gift of experience is better than anything else in my mind. My parents give us the America the Beautiful Pass every year, which gets us free entry to federal land and National Parks.
Gift Card! When in doubt, it is always nice to receive an Amazon Gift Card.
If you are looking for more gift ideas for photographers, check the post I wrote about my travel and landscape photography gear.
SAVE THIS POST FOR LATER
Gift ideas for people who travel, gift ideas for people who hike, gift ideas for adventure travel, gift ideas under $50, gift ideas under $25, stocking stuffer gift ideas.